By Ashley Cook
I take a behind-the-scenes look at a few of the ideas, conversations and reflective connections between many of my projects from the 2020-2021 school year. These connections only show snapshots of paths of thought that I can still recall — there are many missing gaps and links from forgotten conversations and personal events, not only from myself but from all of the students and faculty, that would show an entire ecosystem of knowledge flowing between minds. It’s the unnoticed side conversations and sharing environment that helps us to get to those deeper insights in our work.
-  Anderson, Kelli [@kellianderson]. (n.d.). Posts [Instagram Profile]. Retrieved 1 May 2021. https://www.instagram.com/kellianderson
-  Camille, M. (1992). Image on the edge: The margins of medieval art. London: Reaktion Books.
-  Cranefield, Jocelyn; Yoong, Pak; and Huff, Sid L. (2015) “Rethinking Lurking: Invisible Leading and Following in a Knowledge Transfer Ecosystem,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 16 : Iss. 4 , Article 3. DOI: 10.17705/1jais.00394
-  Ghosh S., Shruthi C.S., Bansal H., Sethia A. (2017) What is User’s Perception of Naturalness? An Exploration of Natural User Experience. In: Bernhaupt R., Dalvi G., Joshi A., K. Balkrishan D., O’Neill J., Winckler M. (eds) Human-Computer Interaction – INTERACT 2017. INTERACT 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10514. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67684-5_14
-  Lakoff, G., & Johnson, M. (1980). Metaphors we live by. University of Chicago Press.
-  Lupi, G; Posavec, S. (n.d.). Dear Data. http://www.dear-data.com/
-  O’Neil, C. Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy. New York: Crown Publishers, 2016.
-  Peterson, M. (2019) Aspects of visual metaphor: an operational typology of visual rhetoric for research in advertising, International Journal of Advertising, 38:1, 67-96, DOI: 10.1080/02650487.2018.1447760
-  Peterson, M. (2019) The production of narrative through static imagery: examples from a peculiar medieval illustration. Visual Communication. 18(2):279-293. doi:10.1177/1470357217749998
-  Rigau, A. (2009). Design as choice architecture: informing consumers about debt-related behaviors. [Master’s thesis, North Carolina State University].
-  Rose, D. (2014). Enchanted objects: design, human desire, and the Internet of things. First Scribner hardcover edition. New York, NY: Scribner.
-  Wendt, T. (2015). Design for Dasein. Author.
-  Wilson, M. Six views of embodied cognition. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 9, 625–636 (2002). https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03196322