Selecting the Laser Cutter Machine in LightBurn
Initially, after your first log-in on a machine you may be required to select the laser cutter from the installed USB devices on the computer – you should only have to do this once on the machine you have successfully logged into.
Double click on the LightBurn Application Icon located on the desktop of the computer.
Default LightBurn Application Window should start up.
LightBurn General Usage Notes – Might initiate on start up of the application… you can close this window to proceed.
The Devices Window for LightBurn will pop open to begin connecting to the Laser Cutter for the first time. In the Devices Window for LightBurn select find “Find My Laser”
Once you select “Find My Laser”, the LightBurn software will begin to scan for connected devices. Select “Next” to continue…
Depending on the laser cutter model and location you will receive a specific window prompt indicating the laser cutter attached and assigned to the computer that you logged into…
The Boss Laser Cutter in Leazar Materials Lab will display this prompt:
The Boss Laser Cutter in Lampe Digital Fabrication Studio Lab will display this prompt:
After selecting the initial laser cutter; press “Add Device” so LightBurn can proceed to finalize the process.
Updated the name of the laser cutter device and be sure that the dimensions of the work area are properly set for the laser cutter you are using:
- BOSS LS-2440
– located in Leazar Materials Lab
24” x 40” (990mm x 600mm) cutting area
- BOSS LS-1630
– located in Lampe Digital Fabrication Studio MakerSpace
16” x 30” (750mm x 400mm) cutting area
Once you have updated the name of the laser cutter device LightBurn will prompt you to specify the default “Origin Point” of the Laser Cutter. We recommend using the REAR + RIGHT and always position your material substrate in the upper right-hand corner of the laser cutter honeycomb bed.
Press “Next” to complete the setup process:
Press “OK” to close the Devices application window:
Default LightBurn Application Window should appear with an empty starting canvas.
- Laser Cutter – Post Processing, Cut Parts & Pieces
- Laser Cutter – BOSS Specifications & Overview
- Laser Cutter – SawStop Warning
- Laser Cutter – Material Substrate Sizes
- Laser Cutter – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Laser Cutter – Boss CO2 Laser Safety
- Laser Cutter – Basic Safety Overview
- Laser Cutter Schedule – Lampe Hall
- Laser Cutter Schedule – Brooks Hall
- Lampe Maker Space
- Laser Cutter Information
- Laser Cutter Certification Sign-up
- Laser Cutter – User Guide
- Laser Cutter – Recommended Settings